Social Media & other links
Territory of Representation
- Europe (Exclusive)
- Festivals 2023 & upon request
- March 14th till 16th 2023 COASTCITY will be performing in the Metaverse as part of the official SXSW 2023 selection
- 26th Feb 2020, Scout Bar, Houston, USA
- 12th Feb 2020, MilkBoy, Philadelphia, USA
- 8th Feb 2020, The Abbey, Orlando, USA
COASTCITY is composed of Jean Rodriguez and Danny Flores, two talented and multifaceted musicians born in Puerto Rico and raised in the US. The duo has pioneered the Latin R&B movement by creating an avant-garde bilingual music era that crafts their success both lyrically and sonically. The 2x Grammy nominated artist-production duo (who worked with A-list artists like Beyoncé and The Weeknd) now aims to represent the voice and hearts of latinos raised in the US whom they refer to as “Wild Americanos”.
COASTCITY’s brand new album titled “Wild Americanos” was released in June 2022. The album was preceded by the singles “Daytona” (the new remix featuring Menend, Trooko and Erik Estrada was released on January 25th), “Skyfall” (released on February 15th ) and “Purple & Prince” (released on March 15th). The band has planned a promotional tour for the album in major U.S. cities as well as Puerto Rico. In the Spring/ Summer of 2023 they will be coming to Europe to perform some live (festival) shows.
Who would have thought two kids from Puerto Rico were going to fall so deeply in love with R&B that they would end up putting their own spin on it and reinventing the genre for new generations?
COASTCITY was born in the perfect moment, when its members Jean Rodríguez and Danny Flores had already made a name for themselves in the music industry. This is evident when listening to music by Ricky Martin, Beyoncé, Karol G, Sting, Christina Aguilera, and The Weeknd in which Jean managed the vocal production. Danny’s musical direction can be heard in performances from YENDRY, Luis Fonsi, Mau y Ricky, and CNCO just to name a few. That’s how COASTCITY appeared on the scene: two R&B loving musicians, a vocal expert and a musical direction specialist who ended up being nominated at the 2019 Grammy Awards for Best Rock Alternative Album and at the Latin Gram- my’s for Best Urban Album of the Year.
Jean and Danny were born on the island of Puerto Rico, Bayamón and Fajardo re- spectively, they were raised in homes filled with the sounds of salsa, merengue, pop ballads, and Latin jazz. At an early age, Jean played trombone in his school band Danny taught himself to play the keyboard on an ‘86 Casio SK-1. However, the two did not meet in Puerto Rico. Instead it was in Orlando, Florida where the musicians came together and were first exposed to Gospel, Soul, and R&B and developed their love for the genre.
“I’m a lover of painting a musical image with harmonies, and I haven’t found them in any other genre as much as R&B. It’s where I feel most comfortable.”
– Jean Rodríguez (lead guitar and vocals – COASTCITY)
The statement above likely responds to a recurring question, “If you’re from Puerto Rico, why don’t you make reggaeton?”, a genre that Jean and Danny both enjoy and respect, but when it comes to producing their own music, they can’t compete with what comes naturally to them, R&B. And to R&B they remain faithful.
“COASTCITY wants to be a reference for new generations and become a musical institution like José Feliciano from Puerto Rico and Rubén Blades from Panamá did in another time.”
– Danny Flores (keyboardist and producer – COASTCITY)
Jean also worked as a vocal producer for Beyoncé for the Mi Gente remix, published with J Balvin and Willy William. Beyoncé, Shakira, J Balvin, Daddy Yankee, Chris Brown, Prince Royce, Alejandro Sanz, Juan Luis Guerra, Wisin and Yandel, Emeli Sandé, Fergie, Anitta,… Danny has worked with: Luis Fonsi, J Balvin, Prince Royce, Ha * Ash, Jordan Knight, Jordin Sparks, Raquel Sofia, Debbie Gibson, Yandel,…
This is how the artist and producer duo decided to unite their knowledge and experiences in an innovative and bilingual musical project.
COASTCITY’s brand new album titled “Wild Americanos” will be released in April 2022. The album is preceded by the singles “Daytona” (the new remix featuring Menend, Trooko and Erik Estrada was released on January 25th), “Skyfall” (released on February 15th ) and “Purple & Prince” (released on March 15th). The band has planned a promotional tour for the album in major U.S. cities as well as Puerto Rico.
In the Spring/ Summer of 2023 they will be coming to Europe to perform some live (festival) shows.
- Nominated to the 2018 Grammy Awards for the “Best Latin Rock, Urban or Alternative Album”
- Nominated to the 2018 Latin Grammy Awards for “Best Urban Music Album”
- Winner of the 2020 Latin Grammy Award for “Best Latin Pop Vocal Album”, Ricky Martin “Pausa” (Producer, Engineer)
- Winner of the 2018 Latin Grammy Award for “Best Latin Pop Album”, Shakira “El Dorado” (Producer, Engineer)
- Guests to the Formula 1 Festival in Miami, Florida with Mark Ronson and Diplo
- Special presentation at Marc Anthony’s Fifth Annual Maestro Cares Gala
- Featured in Pandora’s 2018 “Artists to Watch” campaign
- Guest artist to the BMI showcase at SXSW 2018
- Guest artist to the 2018 Live Nation showcase, “Ones to Watch in LA”
- Guest artist on the Spotify playlists (Novedades Urbanas & New Music Friday, Radar Latino, Nuevo Flow, Latin Pop Rising, R&B en Español, Duetos, 100% LatinX, Despierta y Sonríe, Lele Pons Top 20) Apple Music (Breaking Latino) Amazon Music (Fresh Latin, Introducing Latin & Alt Urbano) TIDAL (Sentimiento, Latinx Video Hits, Fresco).