Ever since 2010 when he invited her to Minnesota for a jam, Ida Nielsen was holding down the low end for the legendary artist PRINCE (until his very sad and untimely passing in April 2016).
The funk was happening at the jam and shortly after she joined his band “The New Power Generation” and went on an almost two year long world tour including numerous TV shows as well as sold out concerts. In 2013 the power house 4 piece rockband “3rdeyegirl” was thrown in the mix creating history with memorable concerts and recordings.
Ida describes playing with music legend Prince as “a huge gift” and as “the most magical musical journey ever, and an on-going learning experience beyond all imagination.” She says: “I am eternally grateful for having had this precious time and I will do everything I can to move on with everything he taught me.”
Ida released her 3rd solo album “turnitup” in August 2016 and has since been hitting the roads in Europe, Asia, USA, Africa and Australia with her own band.
Ida is playing almost every instrument on the album and has written and produced her current album.
Her first single “SHOWMEWHATUGOT” was hand picked personally by Prince to be “Purple pick of the week” on TIDAL when it was released.
The music is best described as a mixture of oldschool funk blended with hiphop, reggae and world music flavors -with very ear catching melodies on top. Each song has its own attitude and feel, and yet the overall impression is a perfectly unified sound piece -paying tribute to funk.
Expect a high energy funk show packed with good vibes and tight grooves!!
- 3rd Dec 2020, Paletten, Viborg, Denmark
- 16th Oct 2020, KulisseLageret, Horsens, Denmark
- 15th Oct 2020, Kulturhuset Islands Brygge, Copenhagen, Denmark
- 10th Oct 2020, Kedelhuset, Silkeborg, Denmark
- 9th Oct 2020, Vejle Musikteater, Vejle, Denmark
- 8th Oct 2020, Kedelhuset, Silkeborg, Denmark
- 15th May 2020, Nefertiti, Gothenburg, Sweden
- 6th May 2020, De Chappelle, Herentals, Belgium
- 16th April, Kofferfabrik, Fürth, Germany
- 13th March 2020, Vejle Musikteater, Vejle, Denmark
- 7th March 2020, Kulturhus Kappelborg, Skagen, Denmark
- 6th March 2020, Musikhuset Esbjerg, Esbjerg, Denmark
- 5th March 2020, Godset, Kolding, Denmark
- 12th Dec 2019, Victoriateatern, Malmö, Sweden
- 7th Dec 2019, Musikhuset Dexter, Odense, Denmark
- 6th Dec 2019, Kulturcafe Ludvig, Denmark
- 17th Nov 2019, Le Hangar, Ivry-sur-Seine, France
- 11th Nov 2019, Jazz Dock, Prague, Czech Republic
- 8th Nov 2019, Walzwerk, The Event Village, Dinslaken, Germany
- 31st Oct 2019, La Luciole, Alençon, France
- 27th Sept 2019, Sonderborghus, Sonderborg, Denmark
- 26th Sept 2019, Folkets Hus i Struer, Struer, Denmark
“Ida Nielsen -Funk Goddess”
Bass player magazine
“The result is Turnitup, a 14-track funk joyride with high-spirited vibes and enough bass magic to make low-enders repeatedly hit rewind, while also doubling as a party-anthem playlist for non-musicians. Her old-school funk meets new-school soul style gives a tip of her cap to her departed mentor, who would, without hesitation, give this disc his stamp of approval.”
Jon D’Auria, Bassplayer Magazine
“Ida is a mother plucker”
“Her name is Ida and she´ll eat a bass”
“In all my years in the business, meeting and jamming with all the people I know, I NEVER ask for ANYONE’S autograph. But when she reached in her bag to give me her CD after we jammed together, I had a to ask her “sign it for me”…she and I aren’t only fellow musicians, shes a fellow lovely soul and she turned me into a male groupie…lol…So cool, beautiful and down to earth..I LOVE this woman and her CD its so FUNKY..go get it !!!”
John Wesley Payne, The Revolution