LiV Warfield is a woman that cannot be defined. Not by label. Not by genre. And not by any terms. At her core, LiV Warfield is Raw. Unfiltered. Unapologetic. An aware empath. A true Cancer. Fierce and loyal. Sensitive and sensual.
A former track star and gymnast Peoria, Illinois-born LiV Warfield began building her legend in Portland, Oregon. Despite not having any formal background in singing, she gained the respect of local superstars and became an icon to many.
Influenced by the likes of Nina Simone, Etta James, Sade, Tina Turner, and Mary J. Blige, LiV Warfield has carved out a style all of her own: “Alternative Soul with a little bit of Rock ‘n’ Roll”.
In 2009 – 3 years after the release of her first album titled “Embrace Me” – she caught the eye of Prince and ultimately joined his band the “New Power Generation (NPG)”, with whom she recorded and toured around the world.
In 2014 she released her major label debut album “The Unexpected” – which was executive produced by Prince – and delivered show-stopping live TV performances on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon”, “Jimmy Kimmel Live!”, “The Late Show with David Letterman,” and “The Arsenio Hall Show.”
At the “2014 Soul Train Music Awards” LiV was nominated for “Best New Artist” and won the award for “Best Contemporary Jazz Performance” (beating Robert Glasper and Snarky Puppy). She was also nominated for BET’s “Centric Award”.
Following her memorable performance at the 2014 Essence Fest, LiV Warfield and the NPG Hornz were named one of “the top 10 bands to see” at the Montreux Jazz Festival.
In the Summers of 2014 and 2015 LiV also gave electric soul-stirring performances at the North Sea Jazz, Lugano Estival Jazz, Pori Jazz, Nice Jazz and Black Sea Jazz festivals, to name just a few.
In 2017, Warfield began collaborating with another one of her childhood influences, Rock ‘n Roll Hall of Famer Nancy Wilson from “Heart” with whom she created the band “Roadcase Royale” and released the debut album “First Things First”. Their remake of HEART’s “These Dreams” was featured in the film “Molly’s Game,” which starred Idris Elba, Jessica Chastain and Kevin Costner and was released in November 2017.
In 2018 & 2019 LiV toured the US and Europe, while simultaneously working on new music.
In 2021 LiV renewed that collaboration on Nancy Wilson’s first solo album titled “You and Me”. She also collaborated with the French artist Joon Moon on his “Chrysalis” album and performed some live shows with him. That same year LiV was also prominently featured Prince’s posthumously released album “Welcome 2 America”.
In 2022 LiV released her first ever “live” album titled “Live at Café Wha?”, and started performing in an 8 month residency of “Luminaire” at the Cabaret Zazou in Chicago, where she was also applauded for her aerial performances.
This September 15th 2023 LiV’s eagerly awaited new Rock-‘n-Soul album titled “THE EDGE” will be released worldwide by the German label “Jazzline/Leopard”. The album’s release will be followed by a European tour in November 2023, and more dates in the Spring and Summer of 2024.
LiV’s powerful vocals and mesmerizing stage performance is why she has been invited to perform and record with music royalty from Prince and Lionel Richie to Cyndi Lauper and Nancy Wilson, and why she is sought out by musical titans such as Ray Angry, Nuno Bettencourt, Dave Stewart, and The Roots’ Black Thought for collaborations.
- 10th December 2021, Royal Albert Hall, London, UK
- 24th July 2021, The Paper Club, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
- 23rd July 2021, Jazz & Más Festival, Tenerife, Spain
- 22nd July 2021, Jazz & Más Festival, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
- 15th July 2021, The Lot, Portland, USA
- 25th June 2021, Louie Louie’s Piano Bar, Dallas, USA
- 11th March 2020, Mercury Lounge, New York, USA
- 9th March 2020, The Fine Line, Minneapolis, USA
- 6th March 2020, The Promontory, Chicago, USA
- 10th March 2020, Mercury Lounge, New York, USA
- 8th March 2020, Fine Line, Minneapolis, USA
- 5th March 2020, The Barns at Wolf Trap, Vienna, USA
- 28th Feb- Tues 3rd March 2020, Rock Legends Cruise, USA
- 23rd Feb 2020, The Independent, San Francisco, USA
- 20th Feb 2020, PDX Festival, Revolution Hall, Portland, USA
- 19th Feb 2020, High Dive, Seattle, USA
- August 2nd 2019, New Morning, Paris, France
- August 1st 2019, M-IDZOMER Festival, Leuven, Belgium
- July 30th 2019, Sala Clamores, Madrid, Spain
- July 28th 2019, Pizza Express Holborn, London, UK
- July 27th 2019, Blues’n Jazz Rallye, Luxembourg
- July 26th 2019, Pizza Express, Birmingham, UK
- April 23rd 2019, “A Purple Touch”, City Winery, Chicago, USA
- March 15th 2019, WOW Festival Concert: Alice Smith, Apollo Theater, New York, USA
- March 7th 2019, Blues Alley, Washington, USA