Ever since 2010 when he invited her to Minnesota for a jam, Ida Nielsen was holding down the low end for the legendary artist PRINCE (until his very sad and untimely passing in April 2016).
The funk was happening at the jam and shortly after she joined his band “The New Power Generation” and went on an almost two year long world tour including numerous TV shows as well as sold out concerts. In 2013 the power house 4 piece rockband “3rdeyegirl” was thrown in the mix creating history with memorable concerts and recordings.
Ida describes playing with music legend Prince as “a huge gift” and as “the most magical musical journey ever, and an on-going learning experience beyond all imagination.” She says: “I am eternally grateful for having had this precious time and I will do everything I can to move on with everything he taught me.”
Ida released her 3rd solo album “turnitup” in August 2016 and has since been hitting the roads in Europe, Asia, USA, Africa and Australia with her own band.
Ida is playing almost every instrument on the album and has written and produced her current album.
Her first single “SHOWMEWHATUGOT” was hand picked personally by Prince to be “Purple pick of the week” on TIDAL when it was released.
The music is best described as a mixture of oldschool funk blended with hiphop, reggae and world music flavors -with very ear catching melodies on top. Each song has its own attitude and feel, and yet the overall impression is a perfectly unified sound piece -paying tribute to funk.
Expect a high energy funk show packed with good vibes and tight grooves!!
- Dec 8th 2018, “Nuff said” feat. Ida Nielsen, Genk, Belgium
- Dec 7th 2018, “Nuff said” feat. Ida Nielsen, Antwerp, Belgium
- Dec 1st 2018, Assens Tobaksgården, Denmark
- Nov 30th 2018, Nyborg Bastionen, Denmark
- Nov 24th 2018, Næstved Vershuset, Denmark
- Nov 23rd 2018, Bjerringbro Musikviften, Denmark
- Nov 22nd 2018, Slagelse Badeanstalten, Denmark
- Nov 17th 2018, Lygten, Nørrebro
- Nov 16th 2018, Skanderborg Kulturhus, Denmark
- Nov 10th 2018, Treibhaus, Innsbruck, Austria
- Nov 9th 2018, Ingolstädter Jazztage, Germany
- Nov 7th 2018, Weinscheune, Kodersdorf, Germany
- Nov 6th 2018, NOSPR, Club, Katowice, Poland
- Nov 5th 2018, Jazztage Dresden, Tonne, Germany
- Nov 3rd 2018, Feuerwache, Magdeburg, Germany
- Nov 2nd 2018, Roxy, Ulm, Germany
- Nov 1st 2018, Jazzdock, Prague, Czech Republic
- Oct 31st 2018, Quasimodo, Berlin, Germany
- Oct 30th 2018, Roter Saal, Braunschweig, Germany
- Oct 28th 2018, William Twee, Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
- Oct 27th 2018, DOKA, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Oct 20th 2018, Herning Fermaten, Denmark
- Oct 19th 2018, Skørping Musikstationen, Denmark
- Oct 17th 2018, Stockholm Jazzfestival, Sweden
- Oct 13th 2018, Bygningen Vejle, Denmark
- Oct 12th 2018, Skive Theater, Denmark
- Oct 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th 2018, Half Note, Athens, Greece
- Sept 22nd & 23rd 2018, Blue Note Beijing, China
- Sept 1st 2018, Godset, Kolding
- Aug 18th 2018, Den Blå festival, Ålborg
- Aug 16th 2018, Esbjerg festuge
- Aug 3rd 2018, Skarø festival
- July 21st 2018, Festival Canarias Jazz & Más Heineken, Gran Canaria
- July 20th 2018, Festival Canarias Jazz & Más Heineken, Tenerife
- July 16th 2018, Wonderbrazz feat. Ida Nielsen & Kuku Agami, Århus jazz festival
- July 7th 2018, Wonderbrazz feat. Ida Nielsen & Kuku Agami, Kayak bar, Copenhagen
- July 7th 2018, Refshaleøen, Copenhagen Jazz Festival
- July 6th 2018, Balders plads jazz, Copenhagen Jazz Festival
“Ida Nielsen -Funk Goddess”
Bass player magazine
“The result is Turnitup, a 14-track funk joyride with high-spirited vibes and enough bass magic to make low-enders repeatedly hit rewind, while also doubling as a party-anthem playlist for non-musicians. Her old-school funk meets new-school soul style gives a tip of her cap to her departed mentor, who would, without hesitation, give this disc his stamp of approval.”
Jon D’Auria, Bassplayer Magazine
“Ida is a mother plucker”
“Her name is Ida and she´ll eat a bass”
“In all my years in the business, meeting and jamming with all the people I know, I NEVER ask for ANYONE’S autograph. But when she reached in her bag to give me her CD after we jammed together, I had a to ask her “sign it for me”…she and I aren’t only fellow musicians, shes a fellow lovely soul and she turned me into a male groupie…lol…So cool, beautiful and down to earth..I LOVE this woman and her CD its so FUNKY..go get it !!!”
John Wesley Payne, The Revolution